Longview ISD is dedicated to building strong relationships and strengthening partnerships with families to work together in promoting high student achievement. We know that parents and families want to make the school a better place for children to learn and grow no matter their race, religion, or socioeconomic status.
Research proves that students with involved parents and families are more likely to:
- attend school regularly
- graduate and go on to post-secondary education
- pass their classes, earn credits, and be promoted
- earn high grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
The district recognizes that parents play an extremely important role as their child's first teacher and are valued partners in the educational process. As a result, parents will be included in appropriate decision-making opportunities to support student academic achievement. Partnerships with parents and the community are vital. LISD encourages the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities.
Longview ISD wants parents to:
- Stay informed about their child's academic well-being through various forms of communication.
- Communicate to their child the importance of being prepared for college and a career.
- Work in partnership with school staff to help their child achieve at the highest levels.
Download our LISD Parent & Family Engagement Policy
Here are a list of parent and family resources in our community: