LISD Substitute Information
Applicants who are interested in substituting should complete the online application.
LISD has 3 categories for substitute teachers and instructional aides:
Certified Teachers: Persons must have a current, valid Texas Certification. Pay is $100.00/day
Non CertifiedTeachers: Pay is 80.00/day
Instructional Aides: Pay is 75.00/day
Substitutes are contacted on an as-needed basis; therefore, it is impossible for the District to guarantee definite assignments or any frequency of assignments. Substitutes must understand that they have agreed to make themselves available to serve the District based upon the need of their services.
Longview Independent School District maintains a current list of persons qualified to serve as substitute teachers and aides. Daily and long-term substitute needs are met through a web-based placement system called Frontline (formerly Aesop). Frontline uses skill-matching and preference lists to connect eligible substitutes to requests made by campuses. Substitutes can search for and accept assignments, plus receive automatic notification of open assignments, online or via telephone. While having access to a personal computer is desirable, it is not a necessity.
Substitute Teacher Requirements
• Valid Driver’s License and Social Security Card must be presented for copying by LISD staff (Social Security must show current legal name)
• Completed substitute teacher orientation. Orientations are required and held at the LISD Education Support Center.
• Original College Transcript with at least 30 semester college hours
• Fingerprinting (through Texas Education Agency approved vendor)
• Completed Substitute Teacher online application
• Criminal History Check
All substitutes must submit an online application at: