Longview ISD's FREE wellness program is focused on getting active, eating better, and living well. The best part of the new health and wellness program? It is fun and you can earn a variety of rewards for engaging! We have lots of incentives such as the three "local days" the school board has approved, fun t-shirts, water bottles, and many more rewards for reaching Level 4!
For more information about the program please check out this presentation, or click on any of the links further down this page:
The Virgin Pulse platform makes it easy, giving you access to fun new wellness offerings, challenges, and programs that give you choice, support, and the flexibility you need to reach your wellness goals--and it's all brought together within the top-rated Virgin Pulse app.
Virgin Pulse is a company that works with organizations 'to deliver a total health and wellbeing solution for employees that drives sustainable, long-term behavior change and supports organizations in building a culture of health.
Throughout the last few years, educators have been under a great deal of stress. Virgin Pulse provides a technology platform to help facilitate our health-conscience initiative to support the well-being of our employees and empower them to lead healthier and happier lives both mentally and physically.
We have also teamed up with three local gyms to offer discounts to LISD employees, Crunch Fitness, Christus Good Shepherd Institute for Healthy Living, and ViewPoint (formerly known as Parkway) Fitness. We have a fitness calendar which is led by your fellow coworkers throughout the district and are of no charge to you. This can be found on the Virgin Pulse app.
All LISD employees are eligible at NO COST! Sign up here.
Already a member? Log-in here.
Virgin Pulse supports a variety of tracking devices and apps that will help you keep you on track with your step count, active minutes, workouts, and even your sleeping habits. All you need to do is a device to get connected to the Virgin Pulse app to get started. If you do not have a device, please contact Trisha Broughton for a Max Buzz. She can be reached at (903)446.2455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building healthy habits and tracking your physical activities daily. Feeling up for a challenge? Invite your co-workers, friends, and family members to participate in a personal challenge. Not to mention, various incentives that include the possibility of earning a local day off, if criteria is met. For the 2023-2024 school year, you can earn up to THREE local days off for participating. In order to be eligible, you must reach Level 4 with 20,000 points and have your most up to date annual physical on file. Employees can accumulate up to five local days in their leave bank.
Still on the fence about joining? Well, check out these awesome results we've already achieved so far!
- 60% of all staff members are participating.
- 73% of teaching staff are enrolled.
- 81% of employees stated they were in a better state of mind after participating in the program after one semester.
- 78% stated the program has improved their performance as an LISD employee.
- 84% believe their participation has encouraged others to become more active.
- District staff attendance rate was down this past fall when compared to last fall. Participants in the program missed 363 fewer days this fall.
- 276 employees earned a day off this past fall through participation in the program. These employees missed 94 fewer days this school year when compared to last school year.
We have seen great results and participation in our very first year. We are excited to have you come on board and join the fun. You can be a part our Health & Wellness program and help us take it to the next level!
Employees have the opportunity to earn rewards by participating in the district’s Health & Wellness Program. Rewards are earned on a quarterly basis. The most sought after reward is the opportunity to earn a local day off at the end of each quarter. For the 2023-2024 school year, you can earn up to THREE local days off for participating. In order to be eligible, you must reach Level 4 with 20,000 points and have your most up to date annual physical on file. Employees can accumulate up to five local days in their leave bank.
Follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Download the Virgin Pulse mobile app from the App Store or Google Play
- Step 2: Go to Profile in the menu and choose Devices & Apps
- Step 3 Choose a device or app and click "Connect"
- Step 4: Sign-in or get connected automatically