For more information about Lobo events, please contact the LISD Athletic Office at 903-381-3950.
The following LISD athletic objectives are set up as a means of evaluating the total athletic program each year.
I. Develop the best sportsmanship possible for pupils, athletes and coaches. Sportsmanship is abiding by the rules with the proper attitude.
II. Each coach in the athletic program should develop and improve each year. Listed below are nine traits that can be both self-evaluated and measured by the administrators:
- Ability to get along with other teachers, principals and other coaches
- Willingness to work and make personal sacrifices
- Neatness of dress on and off the field
- Knowledge of the game being taught
- Ability to develop aggressiveness
- Ability to be consistent each day
- Dedication to the profession
- Ability to carry out details
- Ability to inspire pupils
III. Increase the total student-athlete participation each year.
Athletics during ancient times served a single purpose. Through the gymnastic and Olympic programs, the Greek state sought to equate the academic and physical curriculum. It was the aim of Pericles, the famous Greek statesman, to develop a sound mind in a healthy body.
Today, in order to meet the needs of a dynamic society, the role of athletics in the curriculum has changed considerably. Athletics serve to develop through proper coaching techniques the following objectives:
- An Appreciation of Proper Health Habits: It is necessary to teach that health is one of our most important assets.
- Proper Attitudes of Sportsmanship: In this area the coach seeks to implant proper moral, spiritual and ethical patterns of conduct that will serve the athlete throughout his life.
- An Appreciation For Teamwork: Here the coach develops attitudes of self-denial, self-sacrifice, subordination of individual desires, courage, loyalty, devotion to a cause and the other attitudes necessary to the realization of a successful team effort.
- Proper Attitudes Toward the Role of Victory and Defeat: The coach must strive to develop proper attitudes in his players toward both victory and defeat. Although every team enjoys winning, each one must also know how to face defeat. When one has given fully to himself, there is no shame in defeat.
- An Understanding of Democracy in Action: In this area the coach encourages the squad to select its leaders and prepares plans that will enable the team to achieve its objectives.
Athletics in our society provides one of the finest ways in which our young people can develop into responsible men and women. Seeds can be sown on the athletic fields that may well reap the fruits of victory against internal and external foes that seek to destroy the American way of life. This being true, the Longview Lobo athletic program should assume its rightful place in a total school program and make its vital contributions to the development of youth.
For information about Lobo tickets please call 903-381-3950.
All tickets will be purchased for the current game week.
Football, Band, Cheer, ROTC, Viewettes performers for that week will receive two tickets per performer. Coaches and sponsors will submit lists on Mondays for that week’s performers. If the student performer is not on the list submitted to Athletics on Monday morning, they will not be on the list to purchase tickets.
Tickets for performers will be available Mondays and Tuesdays during both lunches at the Lobo Coliseum ticket office. Credit Cards and cash will be the only methods of payment accepted. Tickets will be $8 home side and $6 visitor side. Students will need to have a valid LHS ID in order to purchase tickets. The cutoff time to purchase performer tickets will be Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.
Remote Learners who are performers will be able to purchase two tickets per person. Remote Learners who are performers will be able to purchase tickets on Monday and Tuesday at the Athletic Office. Monday tickets sales (for remote learners who are performers) will be from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Tuesday ticket sales will be 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Credit Cards will be the only method of payment accepted. Students will need to have a valid LHS ID in order to purchase tickets.
LHS Student Tickets
There will be 200 total tickets available for student purchase and they are first come, first serve. LHS Seniors will be able to purchase one ticket per person. Tickets for LHS Seniors will be available Tuesdays during both lunches at the Lobo Coliseum ticket office. Credit Cards and cash will be the only methods of payment accepted. Student tickets will be $4. Students will need to have a valid LHS ID in order to purchase tickets.
LHS Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors will be able to purchase one ticket per person if available. Tickets for LHS students (Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors) will be available starting Wednesday during both lunches at the Lobo Coliseum ticket office. Credit Cards and cash will be the only methods of payment accepted. Tickets will be $4. Students will need to have a valid LHS ID in order to purchase tickets.
Public Purchase Tickets
The public will be able to start purchasing tickets on Wednesdays at the Athletic Office. Tickets will be available from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 8 a.m. - noon on Friday. Credit Cards will be the only method of payment accepted. Tickets will be $8 home side and $6 visitor side.
Lobo Hill Tickets:
If available, tickets will be sold for Lobo Hill. All purchases made at the gate will be credit card only. Lobo Hill tickets are $6/$4 pre-sale. All tickets will be $8 at the gate.
At Gate Purchase Tickets
If they are available, tickets will be sold at the gate. All purchases made at the gate will be credit card only. The cost of tickets (home, visitor, and Lobo Hill) will be $8.