Applications are being accepted at Hudson PEP Elementary School for the 2017-18 school year.
Deadline is Feb. 17 for students entering 1st grade next year, and April 28 for students entering 2nd through 5th grades.
Hudson PEP is a district-wide school in Longview ISD for students who perform in the average to above-average range in grades 1-5. Applicants for first grade must be at least six (6) years of age by Sept. 1, 2017.
If your child is currently enrolled at an LISD campus, applications must be submitted to that campus. All others, return to Hudson PEP Elementary at 1311 Lilly Street, Longview, TX 75602 (private and out of district).
Each student who applies to attend Hudson PEP will be given an achievement test and an aptitude test. Out of district applicants must pay a $65 testing fee. No test fee will be refunded if your child is not accepted or if parents decline placement.
LISD Superintendent Dr. James Wilcox said the district will host a series of public events to help inform the public about the programs and facilities of Hudson PEP.
"Parents of kindergarten students are invited to attend informational meetings at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2, while parents of 1st through 5th graders are welcome to visit at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 11," he said. "Longview ISD will also provide campus tours, childcare, and interpretation services to attendees."
To sign up for free transportation to and from any of the events, please contact Assistant Superintendent Dr. Jody Clements via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (903) 381-2235.
Deadline is Jan. 27 to sign up for free transportation at the February meeting. Deadline for free transportation is April 4 for the 1st through 5th grade meeting. Parents who sign up for free transportation will be picked up and dropped off at their student’s home campus.
"Please also note that the district will provide students at each respective campus with tours of Hudson PEP Elementary School during regular school hours this semester," Wilcox added. "Longview ISD will notify parents in writing of the date on which their child is scheduled to tour Hudson PEP."
The goal of Hudson PEP is to develop the whole child — academically, socially, creatively, physically and morally. A planned enrichment program (PEP) is part of the curriculum and an integrated character education program, highly involved parental support, nurturing staff and motivated students help form the foundation for strong self-confidence.
Students have the opportunity to participate in music, art, physical education and computer with certified teachers in all grades. The program also includes a hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) program. In fifth grade, students may participate in band or choir. A strings program is offered for students in grades 3-5.
Applications can be downloaded from the district's website, for more information please call (903) 803-5123.
Hudson PEP Enrollment Timeline
- January 4: Hudson PEP application letters mailed to all LISD students entering first grade.
- February 2: An informational meeting is held at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. for all parents of children entering first grade at Hudson PEP.
- February 17: Applications for students entering first grade are due.
- March 6-9: Testing for students entering first grade.
- March 20: Hudson PEP application letters will be mailed to all students entering second through fifth grade
- April 11: An informational meeting will be held at 6 p.m. for all parents of children entering second through fifth grades at Hudson PEP.
- April 28: Applications will be due for students entering second through fifth grades
- May 15-19: Testing for students entering second through fifth grades.