| Welcome to L.E.A.D. Academy High School
Letting Education Achieve Dreams
Home of the Leopards
410 S. Green Street
Longview, TX 75602
To provide a learning environment that is accepting, supports and believes that non-traditional learning can be accomplished through teachers and staff who care about the lives of their students and who can provide a solid foundation and strong belief system for “at risk” students.
- To provide a safe environment for “at risk” students to complete their requirements for graduation.
- To offer students a chance to be academically successful and to be recognized for their accomplishments.
Students must meet one of the “at risk” factors before applying for admission into LEAD Academy High School.
- Failed 2 or more core subjects during a semester in the preceding or current school year or not maintaining a 70 in 2 or more subjects in the current semester (Grades 9-12)
- Did not advanced from one grade to the next for one or more school years
- Did not perform satisfactorily on state assessment – TAKS
- Is pregnant or is a parent
- Reported as a dropout
- Is a LEP student
- Is homeless
All programs require an interview before acceptance. You will be assigned a specific time to attend school. You may not change your time.
L.E.A.D Morning Session.....………..……8:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.
L.E.A.D Afternoon Session ……………. 1:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
L.E.A.D Evening Session ………….….... 4:00 A.M. - 6:30 P.M.
The following documents are needed for application into all programs at LEAD Academy High School. (These pages will be given to you at the interview)
- LEAD application (completely filled out)
- Last report card and transcript
- Transportation information
- Copy of ID or drivers license
- Any health documents that might need to be on file
- IEP’s or ARD instructions
- District computer use/agreement form with your signature
- Form with signature in regards to Code of Conduct
- Dress code agreement signature page
- Attendance agreement signature page
Curriculum is delivered via computer software as well as highly qualified teachers. Grades are given at the end of each course in the form of a credit.