Letting Education Achieve Dreams
Home of the Leopards
410 S. Green Street
Longview, TX 75602 903-381-3921
- To provide a learning environment that is accepting, supports and believes that non-traditional learning can be accomplished through teachers and staff who care about the lives of their students and who can provide a solid foundation and strong belief system for “at risk” students.
Students must meet one of the “at risk” factors for admission into LEAD Academy High School.
- To provide a safe environment for “at risk” students to complete their requirements for graduation.
- To offer students a chance to be academically successful and to be recognized for their accomplishments.
- Failed 2 or more core subjects during a semester in the preceding or current school year or not maintaining a 70 in 2 or more subjects in the current semester
- (Grades 9-12) Did not advanced from one grade to the next for one or more school years
- Did not perform satisfactorily on state assessment – TAKS/STAAR
- Is pregnant or is a parent Reported as a dropout
- Is a LEP student
- Is homeless
All programs require an interview before acceptance.
You will be assigned a specific time to attend school.
You may not change your time.
LEAD Morning Session 8:05 A.M. -12:25 P.M.
LEAD Afternoon Session 1:00 A.M. - 3:45 P.M.
LEAD Evening Session 4:00 A.M. - 6:30 P.M.
The following documents are needed for application into all programs at LEAD Academy High School. (These pages will be given to you at the interview.)
Curriculum is delivered via computer software, as well as, highly qualified teachers. Grades are given at the end of each course in the form of a credit.
- LEAD application (completely filled out)
- Last report card and transcript Transportation information
- Copy of ID or drivers license
- Any health documents that might need to be on file
- IEP’s or ARD instructions
- District computer use/agreement form with your signature
- Form with signature in regards to Code of Conduct
- Dress code agreement w/Signature page
- Attendance agreement w/Signature page